General blog article.
“This year we are incorporating the Bivystick into the required equipment for all of our backcountry guides. The Bivystick ensures that our entire team is able to communicate well beyond the range of our radios. Bivystick satellite communication allows our team to communicate in an efficient manner for day to day operations and especially in an emergent situation. This gives me peace of mind as the Mountain Ops director, for the safety of our customers and our valued employees. To boot, having a device that can track the location of guides, snowcats and helicopters will help our team tremendously. As an added bonus the Bivystick can charge cellular devices multiple times throughout the day. We are stoked to be involved with such a great company and product!”
Wes Light – Whisper Ridge Mountain Ops Director
We have some great employment opportunities for this upcoming winter season. If you’re looking for a fun job with good pay then the Whisper Ridge family is where you belong! Our interview and hiring process will begin in October and go until the beginning of December. We have multiple openings for the following jobs: Snowcat Operator, Ski Guide, Retail Manager/ Ski Tech, Booking Agent, Yurt Captain. Job descriptions below.
We are looking for experienced snowcat operators (preferably PistenBully) on both a Part-time and Full-time basis. We are looking for both Day Trip operators and Evening Grooming operators. Day Trip operators start in the morning around 7am and drive guests around various drop off and pickup locations on the mnt. which will be determined in the morning ops meetings. At the end of the ski day you will drive the guests back to the parking area around 4:30. Evening Grooming operators will come in for the evening shift and groom the roads and yurt village. The evening shift will start at 3pm and end at 11pm.
We are hiring both cat skiing guides and heliskiing guides for the 2017-2018 season and beyond. This is a seasonal position running from December 4th, 2017 through April 2nd, 2018.
Job Skills (Essential)
- Operational guiding/leadership skills
- Strong social and customer service skills
- Excellent fitness and winter backcountry travel skills
Job Skills (desired)
- Snowcat and snowmobile operating experience
- Self starter, independent and strong work ethic
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- 2 years of operational guiding/outdoor leadership experience
- Professional avalanche training: Level II (AIARE, AAA, AAI)
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification (or OEC, EMT)
- Search and rescue or ski patrol experience
- Ski instructor or other outdoor education experience
- AAA or AIARE instructor
We will be hiring a booking agent to help answer calls and input bookings into our booking software. This is a seasonal position which will start towards the last week of October and go through the end of our season around mid April. You must have a good knowledge of the ski industry and terminology. You must also have strong social and customer service skills.
Retail Manager / Ski Tech
The responsibilities of this job include fitting guests to their rental skis, running purchases (retail & rentals) through our POS system, returning rental skis to Headquarters at days end and doing any necessary waxing/tuning. You are required to be a certified ski tech and have an extensive knowledge of our rental skis and retail items.
As a Yurt Captain you will be responsible for ensuring our overnight guests are taken care of. You will escort guests to their rooms when they arrive and be there for assistance their entire stay. You will be required to stay in the yurts 1-2 nights a week. You will be required to serve dinner, make beds, stock pellet stoves, shovel/snowblow walkways, transport luggage and sometimes guest via snowmobile. We are looking for fun loving, well spoken, charismatic people that love the outdoors and customer service.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions click on the link below to fill out our application:
If you have any questions about any of the positions please click on the link below to fill out a contact form:
Imagine stepping outside your private yurt to the starry sky lit up by the full moon, loading up in the snowcat and taking some of the most memorable, “once in a lifetime”, full moon runs. We found ourselves dreaming about that same thing so we had to test the waters… what we found out is that full moon night cat skiing is one of the most euphoric/ medicinal experiences we’ve ever had! We can’t think of anything more fun than to open our doors during every full moon cycle and share that experience with our guests!! We will now be open for night skiing (weather permitting) during every full moon which will fall on the following nights:
- Dec. 30, 31 (New Years Eve!), Jan. 1
- Jan. 30, 31, Feb. 1
- Feb. 28, Mar. 1, Mar. 2
- Mar. 30, 31, Apr. 1
Making a total of 12 nights we will be opening for.
Check out this video to give you an idea of how incredible of an experience this really is.
To learn more about our night skiing packages send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 801-876-4664
We still have a lot of incredible DPS skis for sale. Below is the inventory we have left and all of them are for sale and could be your new pair of skis for next season. And when we say “new” we mean it in every sense of the word!! These skis have hardly been skied. Some pairs have a couple days on them, some pairs have NEVER been skied, but no pair has more than 5 days on them!! We can guarantee the best DPS skis and the lowest prices you can find anywhere!
- 4- Pure 3 Spoon 148, 190cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($700)
- 1- Pure 3 Spoon 148, 190cm (No Bindings but drilled) (Limited Edition Graphic)($600)
- 2- Tour 1 Wailer 99, 176cm (W/ Dynafit Touring Bindings)($700)
- 2- Tour 1 Wailer 99, 168cm (W/ Dynafit Touring Bindings)($700)
- 5- Pure 3 Lotus 124, 178cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($700)
- 5- Pure 3 Wailer 112, 178cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($700)
- 2- Pure 3 Wailer 112, 178cm (W/ Tele Bindings)($720)
- 1- Powderworks Lotus 124, 178cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($500)
- 2- Foundation Yvette 112, 168cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($500)
- 4- Foundation Nina 99, 158cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($500)
- 3- Foundation Nina 99, 168cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($500)
- 1- Foundation Nina 99, 168cm (W/ Tele Bindings)($520)
- 3- Pure 3 Yvette 112, 158cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($700)
- 5- Pure 3 Yvette 112, 168cm (W/ Tyrolia Attack 13 Bindings)($700)
Happy June Powder Hogs!
|We get a lot of phone calls about our weather patterns in January. Thanks to the great information from weatherspark.com, listed below is some great information to help you book your trip.|
Average Weather in January in Paradise Utah, United States
In Paradise, the month of January is characterized by gradually rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs increasing by 3°F, from 35°F to 39°F over the course of the month, and rarely exceeding 50°F or dropping below 24°F.
Daily low temperatures are around 24°F, rarely falling below 10°F or exceeding 35°F. The lowest daily average low temperature is 23°F on January 7.
For reference, on July 23, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Salt Lake City typically range from 67°F to 93°F, while on January 7, the coldest day of the year, they range from 23°F to 36°F.
Stay in the Snow.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get member’s only discount codes, current storm updates, and the latest WR news.